- – The theory of Post-Isometric Relaxation (PIR) and Reciprocal Inhibition (RI) methods of METs
- – Two further methods of MET application; Concentric Isotonic Contraction and Eccentric Isotonic Contraction methods
- – When to use each method in practice
- – Adapting METs for client’s homecare
- – Practical application of METs on tight/short muscles
Muscle Energy Techniques (FHT Accredited)
This is a great course for any manual therapist, Pilates/yoga instructors, personal trainers, sports coaches or even athletes themselves. You will learn specific stretching methods to lengthen/reduce discomfort in tight or dysfunctional muscles which can cause imbalance, injury, limited range of movement or postural problems. If you want to add to your existing skills, learn new techniques which can be incorporated during a massage treatment and improve your aftercare advice to clients with take home self-stretches, this course will suit you.
- – Lunch
- – 2 medium/large towels and 1 hand towel
- – Sportswear (and shorts)
- – Pens & paper
- Observations & feedback during the session.
- TBA 2023
Old School Business Centre
Level 3 Sports/Body Massage or equivalent
- – Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- – One day CPD workshops with Pressure Point
- – 4 Day Acupuncture Course for Sports Injuries
- – Click here for Course Timetable
Clare Riddell – BSc.Hons, PGCE. HCert.SAL
You can choose to pay via PayPal or Card (in the PayPal link) by selecting the date of the course below. Alternatively, you can click here to get in contact and we will send you through bank transfer details. Please also complete the online Application Form to complete the enrolment process.